Jesus was looking for followers. Not just any follower though, but a…completely...committed...follower.
Special series, October 7 – November 18, 2012
Be a part of this study that will take place Sunday mornings and during weekly small group DVD studies.
- 6-lesson sermon series on Sundays
- 6 session small-group DVD study during the week
fan: an enthusiastic admirer.
In the Gospels, Jesus never seemed too interested in fans
Is that how you define your relationship with Him? An “enthusiastic admirer?” Close enough to Jesus to get the benefits but not so close to require sacrifice?
He was looking for followers. Not just any follower though, but a…
completely. committed. follower.
The 6 mini-movies follow the journey of Eric Nelson, a man leading a compartmentalized life as a pleasure-seeking rebel, a cutthroat corporate executive, and a nominal Christian. But when confronted with a near death experience, Eric embarks on a spiritual journey that transforms his commitment to Jesus Christ and tests the faith of his friends and family.
- Pastor Bill will preach 6 sermons on “Not a Fan” during our Sunday morning Worship Services, October 7 – November 11.
- Video viewing sessions will be held for 6 weeks at church, beginning October 7, and LifeGroups will come to church on their regularly scheduled day to watch with other groups. Following the 30 minute DVD viewing, groups will meet separately to discuss and pray together.
- Video viewing times will be offered several time throughout the week. A complete schedule is listed below. All sessions are “family style” so anyone is welcome to attend whichever one fits their schedule. You are invited to join us, even if you are not part of a regularly meeting LifeGroup.
- All groups will be asked to be “OPEN” during this 6 week time so that guests who come to the video viewing sessions can join a group, participate in discussion, and have an opportunity to experience what a LifeGroup is like.
- Following the 6 week time, all guests will have the option to join existing groups as space is available or form new groups.
- Anyone who is unable to come during their regularly scheduled time (due to work, travel, sickness, or any other reason) will be welcome to come during any of the other scheduled times.
- November 18 – “Not a Fan” Celebration Sunday with baptisms.
Video Viewing Sessions (October 7 – November 16):
- Sunday: 10:45am (Choir Room); 5:30pm (Sanctuary)
- Monday: 6:30pm (Choir Room)
- Tuesday: 6:30pm (Choir Room)
- Wednesday: 9:30am (Room 410); 2:00pm (Room 425); 6:30pm (Sanctuary)
- Thursday: 6:30pm (Youth Center)
- Friday: 10:30am (Room 425); 6:30pm (Room 410)